Limestone offering basin inscribed for [xrp mnmnt jny] "the controller of the cattle (herdsman), Iny", inscription repeats on each side on inner surface of basin.
- Hearst Museum, Berkeley
- Tomb equipment-Offering tables and basins
- Mastaba G 1235, chapel
- 43 x 25 x 12 cm (16 15/16 x 9 13/16 x 4 3/4 in)
- Credit Line
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology, Hearst Egyptian Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley
- Date of Register Entry
- Ini (G 1235)
- Object owned by
- Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology
Lutz, Henry F. Egyptian Tomb Steles and Offering Stones of the Museum of Anthropology and Ethnology of the University of California. University of California Publications. Egyptian Archaeology 4. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs, 1927, pp. 1, 15, pl. 5.9.
Manuelian, Peter Der. Slab Stelae of the Giza Necropolis. Publications of the Pennsylvania–Yale Expedition to Egypt 7. New Haven and Philadelphia: Peabody Museum of Natural History of Yale University and the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, 2003, p. 74, figs. 95-97.
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974, p. 61.
Reisner, George A. A History of the Giza Necropolis 1. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1942, p. 412, fig. 236, p. 413.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 1235. Limestone slab stela (Cairo JE 37727 = CG 57127 bis = Port Said National Museum P 4082) inscribed for Ini, identified as [xrp mrw jHw rx nswt] director of cattle pastures, royal acquaintance; found in situ on east face of G 1235. Limestone offering basin (Hearst 6-19798) inscribed for Ini, identified as [xrp nrw] director of herdsmen; found in G 1235.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)