Mud sealing; lump of mud with string mark (box seal ?), two impressions of cylinder seal of Isesi (end of Dynasty 5). [07-1-82]
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Seals, sealings & stoppers
- Menkaure Pyramid Temple ([MPT] GMT / corridor 22)
- Overall: 3.2 x 1 x 4 cm (1 1/4 x 3/8 x 1 9/16 in.)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Previous Number
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, end of Dynasty 5
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. 1907: Excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.
- Registration number obtained from publication; no registration records available for 1907.
Reisner, George A. Mycerinus: The Temples of the Third Pyramid at Giza. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1931, p. 19.
Reisner, George A., and William Stevenson Smith. The Tomb of Hetep-Heres the Mother of Cheops: a Study of Egyptian Civilization in the Old Kingdom. A History of the Giza Necropolis 2. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1955, p. 53, fig. 56.
- Type Owner
- Remarks King of Dynasty 5. Horus name: [Dd-xaw] Djedkhau; other names: [Dd-kA-ra] Djedkare, [jssj] Isesi
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)