Fragment of alabaster royal statue (sculpted polished surface), part of left chest with portion of nemes lappet; does not belong with 34.52a.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- S of mastaba G 2370, surface debris (?)
- Travertine (Egyptian alabaster)
- Other: 8.7 x 5.7 cm (3 7/16 x 2 1/4 in.)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, reign of Khafre
- Date of Register Entry
- 2520–2494 B.C.
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. 1933 (?): Excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.
- MFA 34.52b may be any one of a number of poorly described (in object register) fragments of alabaster statues found in area E and S of G 2370, or it may be an unregistered fragment.
Markowitz, Yvonne J., Joyce L. Haynes, and Rita E. Freed. Egypt in the Age of the Pyramids: Highlights from the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Expedition. Boston: MFA Publications, 2002, p. 54, cat. 3.
Smith, William Stevenson. A History of Egyptian Sculpture and Painting in the Old Kingdom. London: Oxford University Press, 1946, p. 34.
Smith, William Stevenson. Ancient Egypt as Represented in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1960 (6th ed.), p. 42.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)