Painting (oil on canvas) of scene from tomb of Seshemnefer II, G 2200 = G 5080 (late Dynasty 4); detail of man leading young ibex.
- MFA: Giza Collections/Smith
- Reproductions & paintings
- Oil on canvas
- Legacy dimension: H. 0.53 W. 0.75
- Credit Line
- Anonymous gift
- Object Ownership Information
- Joseph Lindon Smith, American, 1863–1950
- Seshemnefer [II] (G 5080)
- One of a series of modern paintings by American artist Joseph Lindon Smith (1863-1950), and others, documenting aspects of the Giza excavations.
- G 5080 (formerly G 2200)
- Type Attested
- Remarks Owner of G 5080. Pillars and jambs of court entrance and north and south false doors inscribed for Seshemnefer, identified as [jmj-r sSw a nswt Hrj-sStA n wDt-mdw nb nt nswt jmj-r kAt nb nswt sS Xrt-a nswt sS a nswt n sbAjt nswt Hrj-sStA n Xrt-a nswt jmj-r (pr) aHAw m prwj] overseer of royal document scribes, secretary of every royal decree, overseer of all royal works, scribe of the royal document-case, royal document scribe of the royal instructors, secretary of the royal document-case, overseer of (the house of) weapons in the two houses; also appears in chapel relief (west, south, and east walls); in situ in G 5080. Red granite sarcophagus (33-4-19 = Cairo JE 60541) inscribed for Seshemnefer; found in situ in G 5080 B.
- Type Artist
- Nationality & Dates American, 1863–1950
- Remarks Artist /expedition painter and copyist; Daughters Rachael and Frances also painted. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)