Limestone servant statue (woman baking bedja loaves in bread molds); broken but complete.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Mastaba G 2415, serdab
- Height x width x depth: 23.8 x 12.5 x 32 cm (9 3/8 x 4 15/16 x 12 5/8 in.)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 5, reign of Nyuserre - reign of Unas
- Date of Register Entry
- 2420–2323 B.C.
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. 1920: Excavated by the Harvard University-Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; 1921: assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: January 1, 1921)
Breasted, James Henry. Egyptian Servant Statues. The Bollingen Series 13. New York: Pantheon Books, 1948, p. 27, pl. 28b.
Freed, Rita E., Lawrence M. Berman, and Denise M. Doxey. Arts of Ancient Egypt. MFA Highlights. Boston: MFA Publications, 2003, p. 95.
Markowitz, Yvonne J., Joyce L. Haynes, and Rita E. Freed. Egypt in the Age of the Pyramids: Highlights from the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Expedition. Boston: MFA Publications, 2002, pp. 90-91, cat. 31.
Sanborn, Ashton. "Recent Acquisitions from Egypt. New Installation of the Primitive and Old Empire Rooms." Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 20, No. 11 (April 1922), p. 25, unnumbered fig.
Silverman, David P., ed. Ancient Egypt. New York: Oxford University Press, 1997. p. 216 (bottom).
Smith, William Stevenson. Ancient Egypt as Represented in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1960 (6th ed.), p. 56.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)