Pottery shoulder jar with everted angled rim and pointed base; surface scratched on body below shoulder, worn, good condition.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Pit G 1201 A
- Overall: 13.5 x 10 cm (5 5/16 x 3 15/16 in.)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, early Dynasty 4
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. 1913-1914: Excavated by the Harvard University-Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.
Reisner, George A. A History of the Giza Necropolis 1. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1942, p. 387.
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 1201
Description: Pottery from G 1201 (all unregistered): top row: MFA 20.1908, MFA 47.1968, MFA 47.1967, MFA 20.1909, MFA 47.1963; middle row: MFA 47.1966, MFA 47.1964, MFA 47.1962, MFA 47.1970, MFA 47.1965, MFA 47.1969; bottom row: MFA 47.1960, MFA 20.1906, MFA 47.1971, MFA 20.1907, MFA 47.1961
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)