Faience broadcollar, reconstructed; beads from G 1360, pendants from Giza, but unrecorded provenance; gilded end-pieces (terminals) modern reconstructions.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Jewelry & adornment-Necklaces and pectorals
- Pit G 1360 A
- Ceramic, faience
- 15 x 36 cm (5 7/8 x 14 3/16 in.); Legacy dimension: H. O
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 5
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. Excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; 1913: assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.
- Beads from G 1360 not registered.
Brovarski, Edward. "Old Kingdom Beaded Collars." In Jacke Phillips with Lanny Bell, Bruce B. Williams, James Hoch and Ronald J. Leprohon (eds.) Ancient Egypt, the Aegean, and the Near East. Studies in Honour of Martha Rhoads Bell, Volume 1. San Antonio: Van Siclen Books, 1997, pp. 137162.
- Date: 1997
Brovarski, Edward. "Old Kingdom Beaded Collars." In Jacke Phillips with Lanny Bell, Bruce B. Williams, James Hoch and Ronald J. Leprohon (eds.) Ancient Egypt, the Aegean, and the Near East. Studies in Honour of Martha Rhoads Bell, Volume 1. San Antonio: Van Siclen Books, 1997, p. 156, notes 118, 119.
Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramids. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1999, p. 427, cat. 167.
Galeris nationales du Grand Palais (France), Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York N.Y.), and Royal Ontario Museum. L'art Égyptien Au Temps Des Pyramides: Paris, Galeries Nationales Du Grand Palais 6 Avril-12 Juillet 1999, New-York, the Metropolitan Museum of Art 16 Septembre 1999-9 Janvier 2000, Toronto, Musée Royal De L'ontario 13 Février-22 Mai 2000. Paris: Réunion des musées nationaux, 1999, p. 329, cat. 160.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)