Round alabaster offering table on cylindrical base.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Tomb equipment-Offering tables and basins
- Mastaba G 2009, serdab
- Travertine (Egyptian alabaster)
- Height x diameter: 5.7 x 16.5 cm (2 1/4 x 6 1/2 in.)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 5
- Date of Register Entry
- about 2465–2323 B.C.
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. 1905-1906: Excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; 1906: assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: November 8, 1906)
- Object not registered (no registration records for 1903-1904-1905-1906).
D'Auria, Sue, Peter Lacovara, and Catharine H. Roehrig. Mummies & Magic: The Funerary Arts of Ancient Egypt. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1988, p. 90, cat. 19.
Manuelian, Peter Der. Slab Stelae of the Giza Necropolis. Publications of the Pennsylvania–Yale Expedition to Egypt 7. New Haven and Philadelphia: Peabody Museum of Natural History of Yale University and the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, 2003, p. 151, fig. 221.
New Orleans Museum of Art. Eye for Eye: Egyptian Images & Inscriptions. April 2, 1977 through February, 1978, New Orleans Museum of Art. New Orleans: New Orleans Museum of Art, 1977, cat. 49.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)