Diorite bowl; diorite has crystaline inclusion on one side.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Pit G 2024 A
- Overall: 3.7 x 3.2 cm (1 7/16 x 1 1/4 in.)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 5
- Date of Register Entry
- about 2465–2323 B.C.
- This object was excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition, but was not recorded in any object register book. 1905-1906: Excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; 1906: assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.
- Object not registered (no registration records for 1903-1904-1905-1906).
Reisner, George A., and William Stevenson Smith. The Tomb of Hetep-Heres the Mother of Cheops: a Study of Egyptian Civilization in the Old Kingdom. A History of the Giza Necropolis 2. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1955, pl. 45i.
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2024
Description: Diorite bowl from G 2024: MFA 06.1891. [Image also known as: C12671_NS]
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2011, G 2024
Description: Stone vessels: left: [G 2011] MFA 06.1890; right: [G 2024] MFA 06.1891. [Image also known as: C12670_NS]
Subjects: Notes: G 2024, Shaft A, notes on diorite bowl
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)