Fragment of white limestone relief. Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Architectural elements-Relief
- Mastaba G 2110
- Width: 45 cm Length: 50 cm Thickness: 16 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 31.780
- Date of Register Entry
- Nefer (G 2110)
- MFA 31.780: three unregistered fragments + 36-12-2
- MFA accession number verified
Unsigned. "Mycerinus: The Temples of the Third Pyramid at Giza." Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 29, No. 176 (1931), p. 120.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 2110. Appears in chapel relief (south, west, and east walls; not all instances with inscription preserved), identifed as [(sAb) nxt-xrw HqA Hwt jmj-r sSw Xrt-a nswt Hrj-sStA nswt m swt nb sS pr-aA] strong-of-voice (of the judiciary), chief of the estate, overseer of scribes of the portfolios of the king, secretary of the king in all places, scribe of the Great House; in situ in G 2110. Displaced fragments of relief (three unregistered fragments + 36-12-2 = MFA 31.780), upper part of standing figures of Nefer and Wenankhes; originally from G 2110, south wall of chapel (lower part of figures still in situ). Displaced blocks of relief from south door jamb (Louvre B 51) and north door jamb (MFA 07.1002) inscribed for Nefer, identifed as [jmj-r Xkrw nswt nb xrp aprw nfrw jmj-r stj DfAw jmj-r pr-aHAw wr mDw Sma rx nswt jmj-r prwj-HD] overseer of all royal ornaments, director of crews of recruits, overseer of the two places of provisions, overseer of the house of weapons, great one of the tens of Upper Egypt, royal acquaintance, overseer of the two treasuries; originally from G 2110, chapel entrance. Displaced false door tablet with crossbar = lower lintel (Museo Barracco 1) inscribed for Nefer, identified as [jmj-r sSw aprw jmj-r pr-HD] overseer of scribes of the crews, overseer of the treasury; originally from G 2110, west wall of chapel. Limestone drum lintel (UPM_E13531) inscribed for Nefer, identified as [jmj-r sSw aprw xrp aprw nfrw sS a nswt jmj-r pr-HD] overseer of scribes of the crews, director of crews of recruits, royal document scribe, overseer of the treasury; found reused in G 3015, originally from G 2110, chapel entrance. Limestone reserve head (MFA 06.1886) attributed to Nefer; found in G 2110 A.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)