Necklace elements: a) two large faience semi-circular end pieces (terminals) with six and seven holes on flat and curved ends. Illustration: Yes
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Jewelry & adornment-Beads
- Pit G 2422 D, coffin pit
- Width: 4.7 cm; 4.6 cm Length: 6 cm; 6.2 cm Thickness: .6 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 37.1313
- Date of Register Entry
- MFA 37.1313: reconstructed broadcollar including 36-6-55a (terminals), 36-6-55f (pendants), 36-6-55g (cylinder beads), 36-6-55h (ring beads), and 35-1-27 (ring beads from G 1102 F), 36-7-35 ([b] ring beads from G 2416 D III)
- MFA accession number verified
Brovarski, Edward. "Old Kingdom Beaded Collars." In Jacke Phillips with Lanny Bell, Bruce B. Williams, James Hoch and Ronald J. Leprohon (eds.) Ancient Egypt, the Aegean, and the Near East. Studies in Honour of Martha Rhoads Bell, Volume 1. San Antonio: Van Siclen Books, 1997, pp. 137162.
- Date: 1997
Brovarski, Edward. "Old Kingdom Beaded Collars." In Jacke Phillips with Lanny Bell, Bruce B. Williams, James Hoch and Ronald J. Leprohon (eds.) Ancient Egypt, the Aegean, and the Near East. Studies in Honour of Martha Rhoads Bell, Volume 1. San Antonio: Van Siclen Books, 1997, p. 156, note 117.
Freed, Rita E., Lawrence M. Berman, and Denise M. Doxey. Arts of Ancient Egypt. MFA Highlights. Boston: MFA Publications, 2003, pp. 90-91.
Markowitz, Yvonne J., Joyce L. Haynes, and Rita E. Freed. Egypt in the Age of the Pyramids: Highlights from the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Expedition. Boston: MFA Publications, 2002, p. 97, cat. 37b.
Smith, William Stevenson. Ancient Egypt as Represented in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1960 (6th ed.), p. 67.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)