[One of] five fragments of white (in this case, nummulitic) limestone wall relief. Illustration: Yes
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Architectural elements-Relief
- Debris between pits G 2423 X and G 2423 Y, [originally from G 2423 chapel]
- Width: 21 cm Length: 23 cm Thickness: 9 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Date of Register Entry
- Mehu (G 2423)
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 2423. Blocks of limestone lintel (37-1-22) inscribed for Mehu, identified as [sAb r Nxn smsw hAjt Hm-nTr mAat Hrj-sStA] judge and mouth of Nekhen, elder of the court, priest of Maat, secretary; blocks of limestone door jamb (37-1-24 = MFA 37.2738) inscribed for Mehu and his wife Khenit; blocks of limestone door jamb (37-1-25 = MFA 37.2739) depicting Mehu and his wife Khenit; fragments of relief (ten fragments from 37-1-26 + 37-1-28 + 37-1-29 = MFA 39.833.1 – MFA 39.833.10) forming fragmentary scene of Mehu standing facing right with right arm upraised holding spear and, to left (behind Mehu), five or more horizontal registers and several vertical registers of text; fragments of relief (37-1-23 = MFA 37.2762.1 + MFA 37.2762.2) inscribed for Mehu, identified as [sHD Hrjw-wDbw Hrj-sStA n wDa-mdw StAw (nb) n Hwt-wrt] inspector of the masters of reversion-offerings, secretary of (every) secret judgement of the Great Court; all found reused in intrusive pits G 2423 G, U, X Y or found in chapel debris, originally from G 2423 chapel. Fragment of relief (36-10-16) probably inscribed for Mehu (name not preserved), identified as [sAb r nxn smsw (hAjt) ...nfr-jssj Hrj-sStA] judge and mouth of Nekhen, elder of (the court), ...of the pyramid of Isesi, secretary; found in pit G 2423 A.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)