Fifty-four head ends of faience ushabtis (cf. 29-11-196 and 29-11-197, same type); uninscribed; [combined: 29-11-124, 29-11-128, 29-11-144, 29-11-196, 29-11-197, 29-11-247, 29-11-248, 29-11-317, 29-11-351, 29-11-465; two large inscribed ushabtis of Psamtik (not included in concordance), one group of inscribed ushabtis of Tashereteniset, mother of Kheperre, and at least two groups of uninscribed ushabtis (all now registered as 29-11-196 without changing registration numbers on objects); 29-11-196(a1 and a2): group of inscribed and uninscribed ushabtis of Tashereteniset, Type III 4f; handmade (fair work), good whitish paste, thin light colored bluish green glaze, legs from thighs down marked separately, roughly marked pilaster and base, those inscribed [GLYPHS]; inscribed fragments: nearly complete: 196 +  (= one),  +  (= one); heads: 196 (= three); middle:  (= [two]); foot ends: 197 + 247 (= one), 196 (= two), 247 (= one); total = [eleven (11)]; uninscribed fragments: complete: 197 + 247 (= one); heads: 247 (= two), 197 (= one); foot ends: 196 (= two), 197 (= one), 247 (= one), 465 (= one); total = nine (9); 29-11-196b: small group of uninscribed larger ushabtis, Type III 4d; similar to 29-11-196a in material and technique, but front of legs flattened; perfect: 144 (= one), 196 (= one), 197 (= one), 247 (= one); complete: 247 (= two); foot ends: 247 (= two); total = eight (8); 29-11-196c: large group of uninscribed ushabtis, Type III 2d; handmade, back roughly blade-dressed (ordinary work), good hard whitish paste (but not best) in some cases bluish from glaze, glaze varying from blue-green to pale bluish-green (many faded or stained brown), basket roughly incised on left shoulder, low flat pilaster, crudely indicated base; perfect: 196 (= twenty-four), 197 (= twenty-seven), 247 (= eighteen), 128 (= three), 351 (= one); complete: 196 (= eight), 197 (= three), 247 (= one), 128 (= two), 144 (= four), 248 (= one); heads: 196 (= twenty-nine), 197 (= fifty-two), 247 (= forty-five), 124 (= three), 128 (= one), 144 (= five), 248 (= one), 351 (= one), 465 (= two); feet: 196 (= thirty-two), 197 (= fifty-four), 247 (= thirty-seven), 124 (= four), 128 (= two), 144 (= eleven), 248 (= two), 465 (= four); middles: 196 (= three), 197 (= nine), 247 (= one), 124 (= two), 465 (= one); joined fragments: complete: 196 + 197 (= eight), 196 + 247 (= four), 196 + 128 (= one), 196 + 317 (= one), 196 + 465 (= one), 197 + 247 (= five), 197 + 144 (= one), 197 + 465 (= one), 247 + 128 (= one), 247 + 317 (= one)]. Illustration: No
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Tomb equipment-Ushabtis and ushabti boxes
- Pit G 7757 A, room III (burial chamber)
- Height: 1.3 - 6.5 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession numbers: 29.4441, 29.4442, 29.4443, 29.4545, 29.4555, 29.4559
- Date of Register Entry
- Kheperre (G 7757)
- Tashereteniset (in G 7757)
- Many typographical errors on enclosure for reregistered concordance 29-11-196. Some belong to ushabtis in concordance groups 29-11-196a and 29-11-196c, forty-five others = 196c (fragments). MFA 29.4441 (= 196a12 = 29-11-197d top + 29-11-247c bottom), MFA 29.4442 (= 196a13), MFA 29.4443 (= 196a14); MFA 29.4545 (= 196c102 = 29-11-247c top + 29-11-196cc bottom), MFA 29.4555 (= 196c112 = 29-11-247c top + 29-11-197d bottom), MFA 29.4559 (= 196c116 = 29-11-247c top + 29-11-317c bottom), MFA 29.4560 (196c, one fragment), MFA 30.1773 (196c, one fragment)
- MFA accession numbers verified
Zivie-Coche, Christiane M. Giza Au Premier Millenaire: Autour du temple d'Isis dame des pyramides. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1991, p. 278.
- Type Attested
- Remarks Kheperre "overseer of the army" (general). Ptolemaic greywacke anthropoid sarcophagus (MFA 30.834a box + MFA 30.834b lid = 29-4-443 sarcophagus + 29-12-20 lid fragment + 29-12-38 miscellaneous fragments + 29-12-215 lid fragment); found in G 7757 A (room X). Child (born) of Tashereteniset. Set of ushabtis (29-12-21, 29-12-321) inscribed for Kheperre; found in G 7757 A (room X). Name also appears on ushabtis inscribed for Tashereteniset.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Mother of Kheperre. Set of ushabtis inscribed for Tashereteniset. Name also appears on set of ushabtis inscribed for Kheperre.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)