Rough wood coffin; put together with wood pegs, top consists of two thin bands pegged together underneath, contained bones of female child lying upon number of palm reeds, body wrapped on outside in usual tan colored linen tied in simple knot above ankles, cloth, quite strong, under cloth seemed to be garment of similar material but with lines of blue at edge woven into cloth as border. Illustration: Yes
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Human remains
- Pit G 7762 S, resting on top of large anthropoid wooden coffin
- Wood, bone, cloth (linen)
- Height: 21.6 cm Width: 21.5 cm Length: 100.7 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Date of Register Entry
- This coffin was removed from burial chamber on December 13 (see diary Vol.24.p.1000); large painted anthropoid coffin removed on December 20 (see diary Vol.24.p.1008).
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)