Fragments of several clear alabaster statuettes and statues, [among them]: toe and other parts of royal statue greater than life-sized; two beards and other parts of royal statuettes; these were undoubtedly from temple of pyramid broken up here to make into model vessels. Illustration: No
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Between mastabas G 5110 and G 5230 W [(= mastaba)], sand in floor of debris strip 2
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession numbers: 14.1693.1–14.1693.3
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 4, reign of Khafre
- Date of Register Entry
- Mentioned in entry
- Compare similar deposits in front of G 2370 and in Menkaure Valley Temple; one basket full in strip 1, two in strip 2 found on this day, see also 14-11-110. Four fragments accessioned as follows: one fragment of beard accessioned as MFA 14.1693.1; two fitting fragments of beard accessioned as MFA 14.1693.2; one fragment of base accessioned as MFA 14.1693.3. Related fragments probably from one statue: 14-12-49b (two fitting fragments of proper left half of face) = MFA 21.951a and MFA 21.951e + 14-12-71 (three fitting fragments of proper left shoulder, chest, upper arm) = MFA 21.951b and MFA 21.951c and MFA 21.951d + 14-12-72a (proper right wrist and part of pleated kilt) = MFA 14.1753.1 + 14-12-72b (proper right shoulder) = MFA 14.1753.2 + 14-11-107.1 (part of beard) = MFA 14.1693.1 + 14-12-65.2 (part of pleated kilt) = MFA 14.1751.2 + 14-12-65.21 and 14-12-65.24 (part of proper right side of nemes wig and lappet) = MFA 14.1751.21 and MFA 14.1751.24 + 14-12-65.81 (part of proper left lappet) + 14-12-65.82 (part of proper left side of nemes wig).
- MFA accession numbers verified
Smith, William Stevenson. "Fragments of a Statuette of Chephren." Wiener Zeitschrift für die Kunde des Morgenlandes 54 (1957), pp. 186-187, fig. 1.
- Type Mentioned in entry
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Expedition worker at Giza.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 5223, G 5411, G 4813
Description: Fragments of alabaster and limestone statues: top row:  __-__-__ (three fitting fragments, part of kilt ?),  __-__-__ (two fitting fragments, part of kilt ?),  __-__-__ (one fragment, part of kilt ?),  __-__-__ (three fitting fragments), [between G 5110 and G 5230] 14-11-110 (toes), [G 5223 A] 14-12-79 (part of foot),  __-__-__,  __-__-__; second row:  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__ (fragment of inscription),  __-__-__,  __-__-__; third row:  __-__-__,  14-11-28 (two fitting fragments),  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__; bottom row:  __-__-__, [between G 5110 and G 5230] 14-11-107 (two fitting fragments),  __-__-__,  __-__-__,  __-__-__, [G 5411] 14-12-70, [G 4813 A] 15-11-63
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)