[Greywacke] statue of Osiris; [mummiform figure of Osiris, wearing Atef crown], scepter in left hand and flail in right, pilaster inscribed, well polished; legs broken off and missing, beard damaged, crown damaged (piece broken off from one feather). Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs. Illustration scale: 1:2
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Pit G 7792 A, filling
- Height: 55 cm Width: 21 cm Thickness: 15.5 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 29.1131
- Date of Register Entry
- Statue base (= MFA 2000.973) found by Napoleon's General Lanne during Egyptian campaign, now attached; lower legs from knees to ankles restored.
- MFA accession number verified
D'Auria, Sue, Peter Lacovara, and Catharine H. Roehrig. Mummies & Magic: The Funerary Arts of Ancient Egypt. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1988, pp. 237-238, cat. 197.
Dunham, Dows. "The Late Egyptian Gallery Rearranged." Bulletin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston 29, No. 172 (December 1931), p. 26, unnumbered fig.
Freed, Rita E., Lawrence M. Berman, and Denise M. Doxey. Arts of Ancient Egypt. MFA Highlights. Boston: MFA Publications, 2003, p. 183.
Thomas, Nancy, ed. The American Discovery of Ancient Egypt. Los Angeles: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1995, p. 207, cat. 104.
Zivie-Coche, Christiane M. Giza Au Premier Millenaire: Autour du temple d'Isis dame des pyramides. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1991, pp. 263-264, 288, pl. 44.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)