Mud seal; flat under-side as if on wood box, marks of strings and knot; impressions of cylinder seal, [GLYPHS]. Illustration: No
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Seals, sealings & stoppers
- Pit G 2375 A
- Diameter: 3.8 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 13.5137
- Date of Register Entry
- Djedkare, Userkare II, and Merenre I and Pepi II barred by date of construction (GAR 1935), certainly Hordjedkhau by final date of construction (GAR 1938). Djedkare Isesi (Horus name: [Dd-xaw] Djedkhau) and Neferefre (Horus name: [nfr-xaw] Neferkhau) contested as possible reconstructions of names on sealing in Giza Necropolis 2 (p. 53), Merenre (Horus name: [anx-xaw] Ankhkhau) or Pepi II (Horus name: [nTr-xaw] Netjerkhau) are suggested instead.
- MFA accession number verified
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974, p. 87.
Reisner, George A., and William Stevenson Smith. The Tomb of Hetep-Heres the Mother of Cheops: a Study of Egyptian Civilization in the Old Kingdom. A History of the Giza Necropolis 2. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1955, pp. 53-54, fig. 57.
- Type Owner
- Remarks King of Dynasty 5. Horus name: [Dd-xaw] Djedkhau; other names: [Dd-kA-ra] Djedkare, [jssj] Isesi
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)