Pottery [bent-sided roll-rim bowl] (cf. 12-12-556), [Type C XXX a]; contains mass of string net (12-12-565) and bivalve shell (12-12-566). Illustration: No
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Pit G 2381 A, [chamber] (410)
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession number: 13.3278
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 6, reign of Pepy II
- Date of Register Entry
- Object in pottery bowl originally identified as "copper dish" but remark in entry 12-12-566 corrects identification, "on removing part of net and taking out object 566 it was found to be a shell not a dish".
- MFA accession number verified
Reisner, George A., and William Stevenson Smith. The Tomb of Hetep-Heres the Mother of Cheops: a Study of Egyptian Civilization in the Old Kingdom. A History of the Giza Necropolis 2. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1955, p. 80.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2381
Description: Senedjemib Complex: pottery: RP (red-polished) bowls from G 2381 A, Impy: top row: 12-12-559 (= MFA 13.3274), 12-12-558 (= MFA 13.3275); middle row: 12-12-560 (= MFA 13.3281), 12-12-556 (= MFA 13.3273); bottom row: 12-12-563 (= MFA 13.3272), 12-12-564 (= MFA 13.3278); in bowl on right: 12-12-565 (decayed string net), 12-12-566 (bivalve shell)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)