[Half of] limestone offering case, [fits 12-12-128]; yellow wash inside and out; broken in pieces, nearly complete // a number of fragments of similar cases // fragments of plaster jar stoppers. Illustration: Yes. Illustration scale: 1:10
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Tomb equipment-Models
- Pit G 2381 Z
- Limestone, plaster
- Height case 5.5 cm Width case 23 cm Length case 44 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- MFA accession numbers: 13.4323a-b, 47.2064, 47.2096
- Old Kingdom, Dynasty 6
- Date of Register Entry
- MFA 13.4323a-b = 12-12-128 (lower half) + 12-12-129 (upper half). MFA 47.2064 = six non-fitting fragments of upper and lower halves (incomplete) of food offering case(s) for goose. MFA 47.2096 = five fragments (1 fragment composed of 3 fitting pieces) of upper and lower halves (incomplete) of food offering cases for joints of meat.
- MFA accession numbers verified
D'Auria, Sue, Peter Lacovara, and Catharine H. Roehrig. Mummies & Magic: The Funerary Arts of Ancient Egypt. Boston: Museum of Fine Arts, 1988, pp. 93-94, cat. 26.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2381
Description: Senedjemib Complex: limestone food offering cases from G 2381 Z: 12-12-124 (bottom and cover), 12-12-128 + 12-12-129 (= MFA 13.4323a-b)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)