Yellow limestone offering stone [inscribed for] [GLYPHS] Minnefer; [hetep-sign in relief and one retangular basin in each end, incised inscription]; in bad condition, middle part scarcely legible. Illustration: Yes with hieroglyphs
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Tomb equipment-Offering tables and basins
- G 2399 (trial hole N of G 2375) [originally from G 2421 (?)]
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Old Kingdom
- Date of Register Entry
- Minnefer (G 2421)
- Test excavation identified as G 2399 (about 10 meters N of G 2375) revealed two mastabas (front face of one, back face of other) on either side of street filled with intrusive shafts; this displaced offering stone was found in debris of that street.
- Type Owner
- Remarks Owner of G 2421. Four limestone standing statues (36-5-40 = MFA 37.637 deaccessioned = Cleveland 1948.420, 36-5-41 = MFA 37.639, 36-5-42, 36-5-43 = MFA 37.2740) inscribed for Minnefer, identified on all as [sHD xntjw-S pr-aA] inspector of palace attendants of the Great House; all found in situ in G 2421 serdab (incorrectly attributed to G 2427 in Porter-Moss III, p. 94). Limestone lintel (36-5-67) inscribed for Minnefer and his wife Hekenu; Minnefer identified as [jmj-r wpwt xntjw-S pr-aA rx nswt Hrj-sStA sHD xntjw-S pr-aA] overseer of commissions of palace attendants of the Great House, royal acquaintance, secretary, inspector of palace attendants of the Great House; found displaced in G 2421. Limestone offering basin (12-11-54) inscribed for Minnefer, identified as [jmj-r st xntjw-S pr-aA xrp aH(?) Hrj-sStA n nb=f sHD xntjw-S pr-aA] overseer of the department of palace attendants of the Great House, director of the palace(?), secretary of his lord, inspector of palace attendants of the Great House; found in test hole north of G 2375 (G 2399), probably originally from G 2421.
Subjects: Object register page:
Subjects: Object(s) photograph: Site: Giza; view: G 2399, G 2381, G 2374, G 2421, G 2461'
Description: Offering stone and fragments of relief and inscription: top row: [G 2399, originally from G 2421 (?)] 12-11-54 (limestone offering stone of Minnefer), [probably near G 2461', originally from G ____] __-__-__ (fragment of relief, probably 12-12-208 = MFA 13.5971); bottom row: [originally from G 2381] 13-1-551 (= MFA 13.4348.2, door jamb of Nekhebu), [G 2374] __-__-__ (fragment of inscribed architrave)
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)