Object register page:
Faience [amulet] of [Ptah-Sokar in form of dwarf (Pataikos)]; light tan paste, green glaze; head broken off and missing.
Illustration scale: ca 1:1
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Jewelry & adornment-Amulets and pendants
- Street G 7300, debris E of mastaba G 7350, W of mastaba G 7450
- Height: 1.4 cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Date of Register Entry
- This amulet represents Pataikos, a popular protective deity, amulets of whom were believed to ward off threats to the wearer. He is usually depicted as a nude dwarf with a bald head, often wielding a pair of knives.