Object register page:
Head fragment of faience amulet [Ptah-Sokar in form of dwarf (Pataikos)]; soft white paste, blue glaze.
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Jewelry & adornment-Amulets and pendants
- Mastaba G 7150, exterior chapel c
- Height: 1.4+ cm
Width: 1.4+ cm
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Object Ownership Information
- Date of Register Entry
- This amulet represents Pataikos, a popular protective deity, amulets of whom were believed to ward off threats to the wearer. He is usually depicted as a nude dwarf with a bald head, often wielding a pair of knives.