microfilm: begin page 1008
Friday, December 20, 1929 (continued)
(1) Street G 7700
East of G 7760. Uncovered mastaba G 7766.
(2) G 7752
Room "a": Clearing debris of rubble and sand. Found: copper bull [29-12-224], faience figure [29-12-226], faience beads [29-12-227]. This chapel does not appear to have been finished, no trace of inscriptions.
G 7752 V: Depth 1.45 meters. Rock cut, in room G 7752 "b". Chamber on south, roof broken in. Found: two jars [29-12-237].
G 7752 W: Removed bones and remains of bodies and wooden coffins. Bodies numbered in plans 14, total number of skulls, forty. Found in debris of body No. IX: fragments wood of coffin, painted. Found in debris of body No. XI: fragments wood of coffin, painted.
G 7752 X: Depth 11 meters. Chamber on south, and sealed doorway.
(3) G 7753
Clearing mastaba to rock level.
(4) G 7757
G 7757 A: Completed clearance of blocking stones of cement in room X. [ILLUSTRATION]
(5) G 7760
G 7760 X: Down 7.5 meters. Rubble of sand.
(6) G 7762
G 7762 S: Removed painted wooden coffin, (having treated surface with celluloid), and removed to office for photography and unwrapping. Cleared chamber. [ILLUSTRATION]
microfilm: end page 1008
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)