microfilm: begin page 996
Wednesday, December 11, 1929
Thirty-fifth day of work
(1) G 7700
(2) G 7753 A, Z
(3) G 7757 A
(4) G 7760 A
(5) G 7762 P, S, U, W
(6) G 7763 A, B, C, Y, Z
Cars, Line XIV
6:15 - 8:00: 52
8:30 - 12:00: 125
1:00 - 4:25: 115
Dispatched rails, trucks, etc. to Dr. Roeder, Mallawi.
(1) Street G 7700
Clearing southwards. Uncovered mastaba G 7763, of mud-brick(?)
(2) G 7753
G 7753 A: Removed door blocking and commenced to clear room. Found in room debris: fragment inscribed limestone [29-12-124].
G 7753 Z: Down 9.3 meters. Debris: sand and black dust. Chamber open on west.
(3) G 7757
G 7757 A: Removing blocking stones
(4) G 7760
G 7760 A: Down 12.5 meters. Debris: rubble and sand.
(5) G 7762
G 7762 P: Uncovered pit P. Depth 2.8 meters, rock cut, chamber, open, on west. [ILLUSTRATION]
G 7762 S: Opened door blocking. In the chamber is a plastered and painted wooden anthropoid coffin remarkably well preserved. On top of coffin is an oblong wooden box, closed, with peg-joints, also very well preserved. Photographing.
G 7762 U: Removed door blocking, skeleton, head north.
G 7762 W: Removed door blocking, skeleton, head north.
microfilm: end page 996
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Mentioned on page
- Dr. Günther Roeder, 1881-1966
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates 1881-1966
- Remarks Director of Hildesheim expedition to el-Ashmunein (1929-1939).
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)