microfilm: begin page 1239
Friday, March 10, 1933 (continued)
(3) G 2358
Clearing top of mastaba. Found five pits.
G 2358 A [= G 5540 A]: Masonry and rock-cut. Down 1.20 meters.
G 2358 B [= G 5541 A]: Masonry and rock-cut. Down 3.0 meters. Chamber west, open. Cleared, nothing found.
G 2358 C [= G 5540 X]: Rubble and rock-cut. Down 2.25 meters.
G 2358 D and E [= G 5540 B & G 5542 A]: not begun.
Saturday, March 11, 1933
Sixty-sixth day of work
Work only for one hour in forenoon. Forty-eight men paid off. Twelve remaining in addition to guards.
Sunday, March 12, 1933
Sixty-seventh day of work, first of reduced work
6:30 - 4:30
Cars: (twelve men working)
(1) G 2200 [= G 5080] west of and Z
(1) G 2200 [= G 5080]
Clearing street debris west of mastaba.
G 2200 Z [= G 5080 Z]: Depth 5.50 meters. Chamber on south, sealed with stones and cement.
Monday, March 13, 1933
Sixty-eighth day of work, second of reduction
6:30 - 4:30
(1) G 2358 A, C, E [= G 5540 & G 5542]
(1) G 2358
G 2358 A [= G 5540 A]: Depth 4.40 meters. Chamber on east, open. Rock-cut coffin, north to south, lid partly removed. Pit broken through into G 2342 A [= G 5520 A]. Cleared.
G 2358 C [= G 5540 X]: Depth 4.45 meters. Chamber on west, open. Rock-cut coffin in floor, north to south. Cleared.
G 2358 E [= G 5542 A]: Masonry and rubble pit. Depth 2.0 meters. Chamber on south, sealed with rubble.
microfilm: end page 1239
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 03/10/1933; 03/11/1933; 03/12/1933; 03/13/1933
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)