microfilm: begin page 1042
Saturday, January 18, 1930
Sixty-sixth day of work
(1) G 7767 Y
(2) G 7775
(3) G 7915 B
(4) G 7917 A, C
(5) G 7919 B
(6) G 7920 A, B, C, D, W, X, Y
(7) G 7000 E XXI, XXII [G 7000 E 21, 22]
Cars, Line XVI
(1) G 7767
G 7767 Y: In rooms I, II, V
Room I: Removed lid of coffin No. (3), cleared.
Room II: Cleared body, bones, etc.; photograph.
Room V: Cleared lid of coffin No. (1), body, broken and disturbed. Among roof stones of coffin, is a small inscribed stela.
Removed lid of coffin No. (2), body head to west. Photo.
(2) G 7775
Clearing north end of mastaba.
(3) G 7915
South end of mastaba cleared.
G 7915 B: In chamber. Clearing.
(4) G 7917
G 7917 A: Down 4 meters. Removed blocking of room. Rock cut coffin north to south, roofed with stone slabs. Photo.
G 7917 C: In chamber. Cleared. [ILLUSTRATION]
(5) G 7919
G 7919 B: Down 4.3 meters. Chamber, rock cut, on west, open.
(6) G 7920
Uncovered pits C, D, W, X and G 7000 E XXI [G 7000 E 21], XXII [G 7000 E 22]
G 7920 A: Down 4 meters.
G 7920 B: Down 1.75 meters. Commenced to clear pit in Room I - Depth 2.2 meters. Sand and rubble. Chamber on south, open. Cleared. [ILLUSTRATION]
microfilm: end page 1042
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)