20-2-1933. STATE OF EXCAVATIONS. February 20, 1933
Small mud-brick mastaba in street east of G 2100. Pits A and Z found. Pit A cleared, has small chamber on north roofed with stone slabs, nothing found. Pit Z has very small chamber on west, nothing found.
G 2340 A [= G 5480 A].
Down 5.85 metres. Wind-blown sand and rubble debris.
G 4940 A.
Pit and lower chamber cleared: nothing found. Depth 20.45 metres. Chamber on south, unfinished and rough. The upper chamber is also on the south and now being cleared.
G 4940 B.
Down 13.60 metres. Rubble and sand debris.
G 5020 B.
Finished clearing pit and chamber. Nothing found. Chamber small on south.
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)