microfilm: begin page 1052
Wednesday, December 3, 1930 (continued)
(6) G 7927
Masonry mastaba; south end missing. Uncovered pits A and B.
G 7927 A: Depth 1.15 meters, rock cut. Found roofing stones of a chamber, in position.
G 7927 B: Depth 1.75 meters, rock cut. Rubble and sand. Chamber on south, rock cut, open. Cleared. [ILLUSTRATION]
(7) G 7911
Clearing south end of this mud brick mastaba, of which the pits A, B, C and D were cleared last season. Found in debris: fragment of copper, one faience bead, three pots. Uncovered late grave No. G 7000 E XXVII [G 7000 E 27], south of Pit D.
(8) G 7000 E XXVII [G 7000 E 27]
Cut in mud brick of mastaba G 7911, north to south. Body lying in position, head north, on back, hands over pelvis. Height .7 meters.
Thursday, December 4, 1930
Fifth day of work
(1) G 7769 B, C
(2) G 7911, east of, W, Y
(3) G 7912 south of, X
(4) G 7927 A, Z
(5) G 7928 A, B
(6) G 7929 Y, Z
(7) G 7930 A, B, C, X, Y, Z
Cars, Line XVII
6:00 - 8:00: 75
8:30 - 12:00: 118
1:00 - 4:25: 98
microfilm: end page 1052
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 12/03/1930; 12/04/1930
- Noel F. Wheeler, British
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates British
- Remarks Wheeler was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy according to George A. Reisner's, "A HIstory of the Giza Necropolis, Vol. I."
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)