microfilm: begin page 46
Saturday, December 5, 1925 (continued)
(3) G 6030
Clearing sand from top of G 6030 south end (see G 6020 a of this date), found that thieves had excavated a hole in the filling. Down about a meter, and sand goes on down. It is to be noted that the south niche of G 6030 appears to be constructed like the south niche of G 6040 and may conceal a chamber like G 6040 d. Thus the hole under examination may have been dug by treasure hunters to reach a similar chamber in G 6030.
(4) G 6040
Finished clearing rooms b, c, d of G 6040.
In c: on floor potsherds, fragments of a mud jar stopper (no seal impression).
In d: basis of statuette (limestone) of woman. Fits fragments previously found. Uninscribed.
(5) G 6040
G 6040 B: Reached bottom of pit at 19.05 meters; the deepest pit in the whole group. The chamber opens in the south wall of pit. The door block is on limestone debris and has been penetrated on the west side by thieves.
G 6040 D: Reached bottom of pit at 11.05 meters. Chamber on west side open. Cleared it of rubbish, sand and organic matter, bird (or bat) bones, about 70 cm deep near doorway.
The chamber was unfinished and left with floor in three stages. In the debris, one jar [ILLUSTRATION] brown ware, and a number of potsherds [ILLUSTRATION] R.P. bowl, and ordinary coarse jars [ILLUSTRATION].
microfilm: end page 46
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)