microfilm: begin page 52
Monday, December 7, 1925 (continued)
(2) Between G 6020 and G 6030, and G 6040
Finished clearing out sand from between G 6020 and G 6030, and G 6040. The north wall of G 6020 is rough and undressed while that of G 6030 is fairly well smoothed. The south wall of G 6040 is smooth.
(3) G 6021
Cleared the east face of G 6021 and between it and G 6040, also north and south ends and began on back. The mastaba is of rubble and had been plastered with mud and white washed. On the white plaster opposite where the north niche should be, red lines [ILLUSTRATION] indicate that niche. Further south, the white plaster and most of the mud plaster has weathered away.
(4) G 6022
G 6022 is a smaller rubble mastaba north of G 6021 and set back a little to west. Buried in drift sand. Cleared front.
(5) G 6023
G 6023 abuts on G 6022 on the north. It is built with small dressed stones on face. The inside has been gutted by thieves and the filling thrown out rests on drift sand. Clearing top and four faces.
(6) G 6031
G 6031 lies east of G 6022.
G 6031 A: Continued clearing pit. Reached bottom at 6.10 meters. Chamber on south; no sand in chamber but disturbed human bones.
G 6031 C: A rubble lined pit in superstructure. At bottom a rectangular burial pit built of rubble. [ILLUSTRATION] Contracted skeleton. Depth 1.80 cm
G 6031 D: A rubble lined pit, 1.80 meters deep. Ends at rock surface. No chamber. No burial.
microfilm: end page 52
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)