microfilm: begin page 71
Sunday, December 13, 1925 (continued)
(1) G 6022, boundary stelae
Further examination this morning confirms the facts stated yesterday. On the west (G 6022) the parapet is preserved to a distance of 140 cm southwards from the back of the stela and rises with the rising floor between. The east wall of G 6022 (original mastaba) was built against this parapet.
On the opposite side (G 6031) the same condition was found, but as the rubble addition is still in place the parapet could not be followed out. Must remove this addition.
(2) G 6034
G 6034 L: Depth 4.12 meters. Mixed debris, chamber on south, roofed with leaning slabs [ILLUSTRATION];. Floor of chamber on rock. Found nothing. Similar to R.
G 6034 M: Depth 4.07 meters. Mixed debris. Chamber on south, roofed with leaning slabs [ILLUSTRATION], floor an irregular rock. Fragment bones in chamber. similar to H.
Clearing north and east of G 6034, it was seen that G 6034 was built over G 6035, and also that the rubble face against which the pit A - E, N - R were built, is the south face of an inclined construction plane belonging to the mastaba on the north (in German concession). The northeast corner of G 6034 and its north wall for some distance rests on this plane.
Thus, the conclusion becomes probable that G 6034 was subsidiary to G 6040.
microfilm: end page 71
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)