microfilm: begin page 104
Thursday, December 24, 1925
32nd day of work.
(1) Avenue G 3 between G I-b and G I-c
line IV to 8:00 am: 103, 8:30 to noon: 185, 1:00 to 4:30 pm: 150 (carry lengthening)
The number of men employed was about 80. The rest were on hand-carry jobs.
(1) Avenue G 3
Between Pyramid G I-b and G I-c. The main force was concentrated on railroad IV with loading point in Street G 7000 dumping to south over trenched area, the men were working out the debris between G I-b and G I-c on Avenue G 3. The space between the two pyramids is not nearly so wide as between a and b.
mound Vyses' dump
rough Saite-Ptolemaic period walls of crude brick and limestone
The debris is being cut out to about a meter above rock. This deposit is the same dirty mixture (decayed mud, ashes, coals, dust) as the upper layer everywhere in this region. In it were found a number of Saite-Ptolemaic amulets and fragments also the arm of an Old Kingdom limestone statuette, fragment of an Old Kingdom stela, and fragment of an Old Kingdom relief.
Over this debris is a thin layer of yellow debris of decay, thickening close to each pyramid. The faces of the pyramids are being cleared as we proceed.
microfilm: end page 104
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mentioned on page
- Richard William Howard Vyse, British, 1784–1853
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates British, 1784–1853
- Remarks Army officer, excavator, author and benefactor; Drew up plans of Zawiet el-Aryan in 1837. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)