microfilm: begin page 35
Wednesday, December 2, 1925
Thirteenth day of work
(1) G 6020 A and dump
(2) G 6020 room a
(3) G 6030 pit A
(4) G 6040 pits
(5) G 6040 rooms b and c
(6) G 6050 south end
(7) G 6016
Dense fog from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., lightening to noon, leaving sky cloudy. Very unusual - clouds after fog.
Line I (about two-thirds of work. The rest with full basket carry)
to 8 am: 34, 8:30 - noon: 68, noon - 4:30: 77
Line II 8:30 - noon: 37, noon - 4:30: 87
grand total: 303
(1) G 6020
Laid a short R.R. line to remove our dump from G 6020 A and to clear back of G 6020 and G 6040.
G 6020 A: Reached the top of the doorway to the chamber at 14.9 meters. Debris changed from sand to mixed debris which runs into chamber. Down 15.2 meters.
(2) G 6020
G 6020 room a: Cleared out a crack observed in floor of room a in G 6020 and found it a natural fissure averaging about 50 cm in width and almost 80 cm deep. At the bottom the natural stone which filled the fissure is visible. Ordered the fissure filled with limestone debris and stones placed to support the corner of the doorway.
microfilm: end page 35
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)