microfilm: begin page 41
Friday, December 4, 1925
Fifteenth day of work.
Dunham came to advise me as to working of electric plant but owing to a misunderstanding the engineer from B-T-H Co. did not come. Will come Monday.
(1) G 6020 A
(2) G 6040 rooms, b, c, d
(3) G 6040 pits B, D
(4) G 6020 room c
(5) G 6020 west side
(6) cemetery G 7000 SW (southwest quarter) trenches
*total cars 293 see end of this day
(1) G 6020
G 6020 A: Clearing chamber. Under limestone debris sand on floor. In this sand, found five alabaster vessels [25-12-29, 25-12-30, 25-12-31, 25-12-32, 25-12-33] and potsherds. Others were seen and left in place. Also fragments of limestone lid.
(2) G 6040
Room b: Have cleared G 6040 b to within about 50 - 80 cm of floor. A hole has been broken by thieves through the window slot of the serdab at south end, and through this hole two men climbed into the serdab and cleared it of drift sand. Not a scrap of anything was found.
Room d: The southern niche of room b [?] is smaller than the northern niche.
[ILLUSTRATION with GLYPHS].
In the middle panel of the niche
microfilm: end page 41
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Dows Dunham, American, 1890–1984
- Thomson-Hurston Company
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1890–1984
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator; Assistant Curator, Egyptian Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)