microfilm: begin page 158
Friday, January 22, 1926 (continued)
(1) G 7000 X
Mounted a heavy iron winch on two 6 inch beams over pit, bolted fast. Bent a new 10 cm rope on the cylinder and attached the wooden cage prepared beforehand. Fastened with four steel wire ropes. Let down the cage and brought it up. Then I went down to test it. All in order. Round trip twelve minutes. The men worked out half the course recorded by Dunham yesterday but it is slow going owing to the care necessary to protect objects in room.
*A3677, northwest quarter
A3678 on coffin
(2) Street G 7000 S (south)
Continued clearing street G 7000 south and exposed the foundations of an exterior chapel to G 7050. Also reached southeast corner of that mastaba.
(3) G 7050
Exposed whole east face of G 7050 as far as southeast corner. The front of the interior chapel exposed yesterday is a well-built exterior chapel of white stone. The foundations only are preserved.
(4) G 7150
Finished clearing G 7150 B. The coffin contains some scattered bones. It is 228 x 95 cm and 68 cm high. The few objects were fragments of canopic lids (Old Kingdom) and amulets, etc. of Saite period.
Began clearing the interior of addition iii and front lining walls probably of pit or pits.
microfilm: end page 158
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Dows Dunham, American, 1890–1984
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1890–1984
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator; Assistant Curator, Egyptian Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)