microfilm: begin page 190
Monday, February 8, 1926 (continued)
(3) G 7050
Clearing away heap of rubbish over north end of mastaba G 7050. About level with top of west wall came into clean original mastaba filling, and proceeded to explore this for pit A. The other two G 7060 and G 7070 have each two pits.
G 7050 B: In the afternoon began the emptying of G 7050 B which is filled with the very dirty sand and dust of pits opened in the Saite-Ptolemaic. Down 2.2 meters.
(4) G 7060
Cut into north end of G 7060 and came on pit A. This is smaller than B and lined with small stones while B is lined with massive blocks. The lining partly destroyed on north and the pit has been emptied by plunderers but in ancient times. Down 50 cm.
(5) G 7073
G 7073 A: Depth 3.4 meters. Original filling. Chamber on west. Door block of three stones, in place.
G 7073 C: Depth 1.7 meters. Cleared chamber, no objects.
Tuesday, February 9, 1926
Day of rest.
Dunham tried a solution of celluloid in amyl-acetate and acetone on fibers. Afternoon cut up by visitors at the camp.
microfilm: end page 190
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 02/08/1926; 02/09/1926
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Mentioned on page
- Dows Dunham, American, 1890–1984
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1890–1984
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator; Assistant Curator, Egyptian Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)