- Giza 3D
- My Giza
microfilm: begin page 6
Thursday, November 19, 1925 (continued)
(5) G 6020, G 6030, G 6040 (continued)
In the drift sand, a number of objects were found of two widely separated periods. 1) Old Kingdom,
2) Saite-Ptolemaic period.
I. Front of G 6010 addition just south of G 6020, and east of front line of G 6020:
1. Old Kingdom black flint knife [ILLUSTRATION] cf. Menkaure temples
2. one-half Old Kingdom drab flint knife [ILLUSTRATION] cf. Menkaure temples
3. Saite three fragments of blue frit new year's bottle [ILLUSTRATION]
II. Front of G 6020:
1. Old Kingdom - pedestal and feet of life-size statue in local limestone [ILLUSTRATION] uninscribed.
2. Old Kingdom - center part of two lower legs of life-size statue of man. Tura limestone.
3. Old Kingdom - fragment of arm of same? statue. Tura limestone.
4. Old Kingdom - ankle of small statuette. Tura limestone.
5. Old Kingdom - part of lid of canopic jar.
6. Old Kingdom - alabaster dish. [ILLUSTRATION]
7. Old Kingdom - fragment alabaster. [ILLUSTRATION]
8. Saite - two fragments of Greek? pottery.
9. Saite - fragments of blue faience amulet - deity.
10. Saite - feet of late ushabti, inscribed.
11. Saite - fragment of two late blue faience rings.
12. Saite - fragments of several blue faience vessels, one perhaps Old Kingdom.
III. Lying on top of back part of filling of G 6041 (near G 6040)
1. Old Kingdom - head of male statuette [25-11-13] similar to that found yesterday of a woman.
(6) G 6041
In clearing face of G 6040 uncovered back of a rubble mastaba numbered G 6041. On top of the partly decayed back of this mastaba (in the filling) lay a small limestone head, male, [ILLUSTRATION]. See No. III above.
microfilm: end page 6