microfilm: begin page 65
Friday, December 11, 1925 (continued)
(8) G 6051
Cleared top and remaining sides of G 6051. Two niches on east face.
G 6051 C: Depth 1 meter. Mixed debris; mud plastered rubble lining ends at gebel.
G 6051 D: Depth 1.21 meters, like C
G 6051 E: Depth 1.05 meters, like C, D
G 6051 F: Depth .98 meters, like C, D, E
G 6051 G: Depth 2.55 meters, Descending into rock, burial trench in bottom; Skeleton, not yet clear.
G 6051 H: Depth 1.70 meters, like C, D, E, F
G 6051 I: Depth 1.65 meters, like C, D, E, F, H, but upper courses of lining are of crude brick.
G 6051 J: Exposed mouth of pit.
(9) G 6052
Clearing north and west sides and top of G 6052. The north (stone-cased wall) abuts west wall of G 6020.
(10) G 6040
G 6040 B: Removed and sifted debris from G 6040 B which was thrown temporarily over north wall of mastaba G 6040. Found remainder of broken alabaster slab for oils (seven names).
(11) G 7000 SW (southwest)
Work on trenches 24, 25, 26.
G 7000 SW ii [G 7000 SW 2]: Finished clearing. Chamber with door block, photo, pit does not reach gebel.
G 7000 SW iv [G 7000 SW 4]: Found pit iv in trench 24. From surface to top of rubble lining 63 cm. From top of rubble to bottom of pit 130 cm. Dug in debris. Chamber on south, door block in place.
G 7000 SW iii [G 7000 SW 3]: As ii, chamber also with door block in place.
microfilm: end page 65
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- George Andrew Reisner, American, 1867–1942
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates American, 1867–1942
- Remarks Egyptologist, archaeologist; Referred to as "the doctor" and "mudir" (Arabic for "director") in the excavation records. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)