microfilm: begin page 318
Sunday, May 3, 1936 (continued)
(3) G 2419 (continued)
G 2419 D: In shaft. It is north of C and west of F. It is at the end of the end of the mastaba on northwest. Lined with dubsh above and rock below. Total depth 2.90 meters, limestone debris, black debris, dubsh and some bones from a body. Ended at rock. No chamber. Drawing.
G 2419 E: In shaft. It is northeast of B, north of the room and south of G. Lined with dubsh. Total depth 2.75 meters, limestone debris, dubsh and stones. Chamber on east running to south. Lined with dubsh and bound with mud. Roofed with stones and dubsh. No blocking. Reached the rock in shaft. Cleared, empty. Drawing.
G 2419 F: In shaft. It is east of D and north of E. It is at the end of the mastaba on northeast. Lined with dubsh above. Down 2.05 meters, sand above and limestone debris and stones underneath. Chamber is in the shaft from north to south. Lined with stones, and was roofed with stones before, roof now gone. No body, empty. Not yet exposed if it had another chamber or not. Chamber left for photo. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 318
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)