microfilm: begin page 333
Monday, May 25, 1936
(1) G 2378
(1) North of G 2378
North of this mastaba, in preparing a railway line to remove the debris which is above the two mastabas G 2415 and G 2421, limestone debris, dubsh, sand and black debris mixed together. Found in debris in dump: four small limestone fragments inscribed but not yet clear, one small fragment of plaster inscribed but not clear with traces of red and black.
The railway line not yet prepared.
Tuesday, May 26, 1936
Day of rest.
Wednesday, May 27, 1936
(1) G 2420 I, S
(1) G 2420
G 2420 I: Removed the body [36-5-74] from the chamber. Drawing.
G 2420 S: Removed the wooden staff [36-5-72]. It is broken into four fragments. Near the staff we found a wooden object [36-5-71]. Mr. Bill says that it was used as a belt for the body and also removed the body [36-5-73] which is wrapped in cloth. In the coffin on north, we found head rest cut in the rock. Drawing.
Also the workers and some guards were preparing a railway line which we spoke about before.
microfilm: end page 333
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 05/25/1936; 05/26/1936; 05/27/1936
- Mentioned on page
- William Stevenson Smith, American, 1907–1969
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1907–1969
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)