microfilm: begin page 458
Thursday, April 22, 1937(continued)
Drawing of mastabas G 2014, G 2013.
(3) G 2378
North of this mastaba. Search for new mastabas and shafts. Limestone debris, rubble, stones, sand and broken mud brick. Found in debris: small inscribed limestone fragments [37-4-11, fragments of false door inscribed for Henti], small alabaster fragment [37-4-12], limestone fragment with blue traces [37-4-13]. Nothing yet exposed.
(4) G 2431
G 2431 A: Removed the chamber blocking. Debris. One big slab (we break) and dubsh, and inside the chamber one big stone, limestone debris, dubsh and mud brick. North-south coffin cut in rock, lid gone, debris on north, body head on north (broken) inside the coffin. Also beside the body inside the coffin we found wooden fragments (perhaps from a wooden coffin). Body left for photo.
(5) G 2432
G 2432 B: Removed the chamber blocking. It is roofed and lined with stones. Two stones, dubsh and mud bound, underneath limestone debris and black debris and in the chamber mud brick and dubsh. Body, head on north (broken). Left for photo.
(6) G 2433
G 2433 C: Removed the chamber blocking. Mud brick, mud bound from the blocking. In chamber, limestone debris, rubble, potsherds and dirty debris. No body in chamber, open and empty. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 458
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mentioned on page
- Henti (north of G 2378)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Mentioned on page
- Remarks Incomplete fragmentary false door (37-4-11) inscribed for Henti; found in pieces north of G 2378.
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)