microfilm: begin page 366
Saturday, July 11, 1936, (continued)
(2) G 2418 (continued)
G 2418 F: Removed the body from the chamber.
G 2418 G: Removed the body from the chamber.
G 2418 J: Removed the body from chamber II.
The plate of the photograph broken off from Mohamedani after photographed it.
(3) G 2422
East of this mastaba and north of G 2418. In order to expose the place and to see if there any mastaba, limestone debris, dubsh and sand. Mastabas not yet exposed.
G 2422 E: Removed the body from the chamber. Chamber is small and cannot be photographed.
Sunday, July 12, 1936
(1) G 2418 F, G, J
(2) G 2422
(1) G 2418
G 2418 F: In shaft underneath the chamber. Total depth 3.15 meters, limestone debris, dubsh and black debris. Ended at rock. No other chambers. Drawing.
G 2418 G: In shaft underneath chamber I. Down 3.40 meters, limestone debris, black debris and dubsh. Chamber II in shaft on west roofed with one big stone and dubsh. Blocked with two stones and bound with mud. Roof and blocked of chamber II left for photo. Not reached the rock in shaft, and not appear if there is chamber III or not.
G 2418 J: In shaft underneath chamber I. Total depth 2.80 meters, limestone debris, dubsh, black debris and stones from chamber II. Ended at rock. There is no chamber III. Drawing on page 367.
microfilm: end page 366
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 07/11/1936; 07/12/1936
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)