microfilm: begin page 422
Wednesday, November 18, 1936(continued)
(3) G 2426
G 2426 D: Removed the chamber blocking. Stones and dubsh. Body, head on north. Left for photo.
G 2426 X: Removed the chamber blocking. Stones and dubsh from the blocking and limestone debris and sand from the chamber. The chamber found full with debris.
(4) G 2428
G 2428 D: Removed the body from chamber II. Nothing found. Drawing.
G 2428 Z: Removed the body from the chamber and also removed the decayed wooden headrest. Cleared. Drawing.
(5) G 2461 [= G 2461']
G 2461 A: In shaft. Down 5.3 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh and sand. Chamber on east, cut in rock. No blocking. Not reached the rock in shaft and not started in chamber.
Thursday, November 19, 1936
(1) G 2426 X
(2) G 2429
(3) G 2461 A [= G 2461']
(1) G 2426
G 2426 X: In shaft and chamber. Lined with crude brick. Roofed with stones. Some of the roofing stones fallen into the shaft. Total depth 2.7 meters. Limestone debris, dubsh, sand and stones. Found in chamber debris: broken bones of a body. Drawing.
The body not photographed.
microfilm: end page 422
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 11/18/1936; 11/19/1936
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)