microfilm: begin page 566
Wednesday, November 24, 1937 (continued)
(1) G 2040 (continued)
G 2040 X: Removed the body from the chamber. (The body is not photographed because the chamber is very narrow). Drawing.
(2) West of G 2041
West of the mastaba and east of G 2038d, e. In exposing the shafts and mastaba in this place. Sand, limestone debris, dubsh and stones. Some of the shafts exposed but unnumbered yet, and not yet started in them.
Some of the boys and guards in bounding the roof and the walls of the lower house (Bill's house).
Thursday, November 25, 1937
(1) G 2041
(1) West of G 2041
West of this mastaba and east of G 2038d, e. Search for mastabas and shafts in this place for drawing. Sand, limestone debris, dubsh and stones. Exposed some shafts and small mastaba. The shafts and the mastaba not yet numbered yet and not started in them.
Some of the boys and guards in binding the lower garage and the rooms around it.
Friday, November 26, 1937
(1) G 2035a A
(2) G 2041
(1) G 2035a
G 2035a A: Removed the body from chamber I and removed the blocking of chamber II. Dubsh and mud bound. In chamber II appears a small wooden coffin (decayed) perhaps for a child (north-south). The wooden coffin left for photo.
(2) North of G 2041
North of this mastaba. Search for new mastabas and shafts in this place. Sand. Limestone debris, and dubsh. Nothing exposed from this mastaba only two shafts were exposed before. Exposed the north end of the mastaba. The casing on north gone, only some stones thrown on the debris. In the place of the stone casing on north is built a crude brick building of a mastaba north of this mastaba.
Saturday, November 27, 1937
(1) G 2038d C
(2) G 2040 X
(3) G 2041
(1) G 2038d
G 2038d C: In the chamber. Pebble and red debris. Found in chamber debris. Perfect diorite bowl with two handles. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 566
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 11/24/1937; 11/25/1937; 11/26/1937; 11/27/1937
- Mentioned on page
- William Stevenson Smith, American, 1907–1969
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Mentioned on page
- Nationality & Dates American, 1907–1969
- Remarks Egyptologist; Curator, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Nationality and life dates from Who was Who in Egyptology.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)