microfilm: begin page 587
Saturday, January 1, 1938 (continued)
(3) G 2104 (continued)
G 2104 C. Drawing of shaft.
G 2104 D: In shaft and chamber. Lined with crude brick on three sides and on west with stones of G 2100 X and cut in red rock below. It is north of C and south of G
2105 A. Total depth 1.5 meters. Dirty debris, sand and limestone debris. Chamber on west. Cut in red rock. Below G 2100. Break through shaft C on south. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
Sunday, January 2, 1938
(1) G 2103 J, K, Y
(1) G 2103
G 2103 J: In shaft and chamber. Lined with crude brick, and cut in red rock below. It is north west of I and west of G 2120 Y. Total depth 3.2 meters. Limestone debris, rubble, sand, dirty debris and red debris. Chamber on south. Cut in red rock (bed rock) and break through the chambers of H and Z. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2103 K: In shaft and chamber. Lined with crude brick and underneath it one course of masonry. Only on west the lining of G 2100. Rock-cut below. It is south of G 2104 C. Total depth 2.25 meters. Sand, stones, rubble, dirty debris, broken mud-brick and traces of bones. Chamber on east. Cut in red rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing on page 588.
microfilm: end page 587
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 01/01/1938; 01/02/1938
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)