microfilm: begin page 549
Saturday, October 30, 1937 (continued)
(1) G 2035a (continued)
G 2035a X: In shaft and chamber. Lined with stones. It is in the room of the mastaba on south. It is south of Y. Total depth 1.45 meters. Drift sand. Chamber on north. Lined and roofed with stones. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2035a Y: In shaft and chamber. It is in the room of the mastaba on north, north of X. Lined with stones. Total depth 1.75 meters. Sand, silt deposited by rain and bones. Chamber on north lined and roofed with stones. Roof partly destroyed. It was blocked with stones, because we found one stone remain from the blocking. Cleared.
G 2035a Z: In shaft and chamber. Lined with dubsh above and cut in red rock below. It is east of G 2035b C. Total depth 2.8 meters. Red sand, pebble, limestone debris and bones. Chamber on north cut in red rock mixed with pebble. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
(2) G 2035b
Partly destroyed stone mastaba. East of G 2033, north of G 2034 and west of G 2035a. Five shafts.
G 2035b A: In shaft and chamber. Lined with dubsh to the beginning of the rock. Only on east with stones. It is south of B. Total depth 1.5 meters. Sand, limestone debris and dubsh. Chamber on south. Lined with dubsh and bound with mud. Roofed with stones, partly destroyed. Not blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 549
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)