microfilm: begin page 540
Monday, October 18, 1937 (continued)
(4) G 2026 (continued)
G 2026 C: Removed the body from the chamber. Total depth 2.2 meters. Reached the rock in shaft and cleared it. Drawing.
G 2026 D: Removed the chamber blocking. It is lined with dubsh red rock underneath. Dubsh from the chamber roof. Body, head west (broken), left for photo.
(5) G 2026c
Dubsh mastaba. South of G 2025 and north of G 2026d. Takes only one shaft. Exposed shaft A.
G 2026c A: In shaft. Lined with dubsh above and rock-cut below. Total depth 3.4 meters. White limestone debris and black pebble. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. Blocked with crude brick (unbound). Reached the rock in shaft. Blocking left for photo.
(6) G 2026d
Stone mastaba, partly destroyed. West of G 2026a, b and south of G 2026c. Exposed three shafts A, B, X.
G 2026d A: In shaft. It is south of B and north of X. Lined with crude brick above and rock-cut below. Total depth 3.55 meters. Limestone debris and pebbles. Chamber on west. Cut in rock. Blocked with dubsh and underneath the dubsh crude brick (unbound). Reached the rock in shaft. Blocking left for photo.
G 2026d B: North of shaft A. The mouth of the shaft roofed with stones and dubsh and bound with mud. Roof left for photo.
G 2026d X: In shaft. It is south of the building of the mastaba and north of G 2009 V. Lined with dubsh and crude brick. Only on north with stones and rock-cut below. Total depth 3 meters. Limestone debris, stones and dubsh. Chamber on west. Cut in rock blocked with three stones and dubsh and bound with mud. Reached the rock in shaft. Blocking left for photo.
(7) G 2027b
G 2027b B: Removed chamber II blocking. It is lined with dubsh and bound with gypsum. Roofed with stones. Body, head on south, left for photo.
Tuesday, October 19, 1937
Day of rest.
Wednesday, October 20, 1937
(1) G 2009 P [= G 2013a]
(2) G 2026d X
(3) G 2027b B
(4) G 2041
(1) G 2009
G 2009 P [= G 2013a P]: In shaft and chamber. Total depth 3 meters. White limestone debris, potsherds and pebbles. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. Found in shaft debris. Two jars (pottery). Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 540
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 10/18/1937; 10/19/1937; 10/20/1937
- Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohammed Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Reis)
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)