microfilm: begin page 599
Saturday, January 15, 1938 (continued)
(3) G 2042c
Stone mastaba. East of G 2042d and west of G 2042a, b. Exposed three shafts F, G, H.
G 2042c F: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with crude brick and rock-cut below. It is west of G 2042b and east of G 2042d I. Total depth 3.3 meters. Excavated before 1 meter. Sand and drift papers. Chamber on west. Cut in rock. No blocking. Rock-cut north-south coffin. Roofed with slabs and dubsh. Left for photo.
G 2042c G: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with rubble, only on east with stones of the mastaba G 2042a and rock-cut below. It is north of G and south of G. Total depth 3.85 meters. Excavated before 1.6 meters. Sand and pebble mixed with red debris. Chamber on east. Cut in rock. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2042c H: In shaft. Lined above with rubble, only on east with stones of G 2042a, and masonry below to the beginning of rock. It is north of G. Total depth 2.3 meters. Red debris, pebble and limestone debris. Chamber on north. Blocked with rubble and bound with traces of mud and pilaster. Blocking left for photo.
(4) G 2042d
Stone mastaba, east of G 2000 and west of G 2042c. Exposed two shafts I and J.
G 2042d I: In shaft and chamber. Lined with masonry to the beginning of the bad rock. It is south of J, west of the mastaba G 2042c. Total depth 2 meters. Excavated before 50 cm. Drift sand. Chamber on west. Built of stones and roofed with stones. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2042d J: In shaft and chamber. Lined above with stones, only on west below the stones is crude brick, cut in and rock below. It is north of I, west of G 2042c. Total depth 3.15 meters. Excavated before 1.6 meters. Sand and drift papers. Chamber on north. Cut in bad rock. Roofed with stones. No blocking. Cleared. Drawing.
microfilm: end page 599
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)