microfilm: begin page 403
Friday, October 9, 1936
(1) G 2423 and room a
(2) G 2426 A
(1) G 2423
East of the mastaba. In exposing the lining on east, dubsh, mud brick, limestone debris and sand. Lining not yet exposed on east.
G 2423 a: In the room. Lined with stones, most of the lining gone, limestone debris, dubsh and black debris. The door of the room opened to east and the door on north of the room. Two shafts on south and one on north appear in the room. The two south shafts roofed with stones. On the west one of the two south shafts, we found two stones from the roof of the shaft inscribed and the east one of the two south shafts, roofed with stones and three stones inscribed. Cleaned the room and left the stones for photo.
(2) G 2426
G 2426 A: In shaft. It is south of B, east of C and north of E. Lined with stones above. Down 1.80 meters: limestone debris, black debris, dubsh and stones fallen in shaft. Not reached the rock in shaft. Not reached the chamber.
Drawing of the mastaba with shafts: A, B, C, D, E and X.
microfilm: end page 403
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicholas Picardo email@example.com
- Luke Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)