microfilm: begin page 316
Saturday, May 2, 1936 (continued)
(1) G 2409 (continued)
G 2409 Y: In shaft and chamber. It is in the street which is between this mastaba and G 2011; It is northeast of X and south of Z lined with stones above and mud brick below. Total depth 2.90 meters, excavated before 2.40 meters, Sand and black debris. Chamber on north: lined with mud brick and bound with plaster. No blocking. It was roofed with stones. Cleared. Drawing.
G 2409 Z: In shaft: It is in the street which is between this mastaba and G 2011: It is east of F and north of Y, lined with stones above and mud brick below. Total depth 3.10 meters. limestone debris, stones and dubsh. Chamber on north: lined with mud brick and roofed with stones. No blocking. Bound with mud. Body, head on north, left for photo.
Serdab: lined with stones, roof gone, no window. The serdab is south of shaft A, south of the mastaba. Total high 2.10 meters. Drawing.
(2) G 2419
G 2419 A: In shaft. It is the first shaft on southwest of the mastaba. It is south of B and southwest of Y, lined with dubsh above and rock below. Down 3.90 meters Sand, and underneath silt deposited by rain, limestone debris, dubsh and stones. Not reached the rock in shaft. Not reached the chamber.
Sunday, May 3, 1936
(1) G 2407 W2
(2) G 2409 D, F
(3) G 2419 B, C, D, E, F, G, X, Y
(1) G 2407
G 2407 W2: Removed the body from the chamber. Found in debris around the body and near legs: two big semi-circular end pieces, seven small semi-circular end pieces, five semi-squared end pieces (small), faience cylinder beads, small ring beads. Cleared. Drawing, on page 317.
microfilm: end page 316
- Documentation-Expedition diary pages
- Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Credit Line
- Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
- Display Page Dates
- 05/02/1936; 05/03/1936
- Mahmud Said Ahmed [Diraz]
- Mohamed Said Ahmed [Diraz]
Porter, Bertha, and Rosalind L.B. Moss. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings 3: Memphis (Abû Rawâsh to Dahshûr). Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1931. 2nd edition. 3: Memphis, Part 1 (Abû Rawâsh to Abûsîr), revised and augmented by Jaromír Málek. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1974.
- Date: 1974
- Type Translator
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Diary translator. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926). Brother of Mohammed Said Ahmed (Head Reis 1936-1939). Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
- Type Author
- Nationality & Dates
- Remarks Head Reis for the Harvard-MFA expedition, 1936–1939. Son of Said Ahmed Said [Diraz] (Head Reis 1908-1926) and brother of Mahmoud Said Ahmed [Diraz] (Translator) and Ahmed Said Ahmed [Diraz]. Family name, Diraz, was supplied by Said Ahmed Said's grandsons in 2006.
Name of this image
Description of the image duis mollis, est non commodo luctus, nisi erat porttitor ligula, eget lacinia odio sem nec elit. Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Donec sed odio dui.
- Heather ONeill email@example.com
- Nicholas Picardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke Hollis email@example.com
Hi ! (not you? Login to your account.)